Also included in
- Have fun with these wonderful Valentines Paper Folding Projects - learn how to make 3 Valentine's Origami Cards, as well as 2 Valentine's Bookmarks the children can give as gifts. Simple STEAM projects working on symmetry and paper folding skills. The Origami Projects are designed to be combined wit$7.50$10.00Save $2.50
- A collection of Red Ted Art's most popular Valentine's Day Crafts - worksheets and printables. Choose from 2 Pop Up Cards, 2 Origami/ Bookmark project and the Valentine's Friendship Bracelet printables! So fun. A great little bundle that will get the children Valentine's Day ready!This pack includes$10.00$13.50Save $3.50
Learn how to make a classic Origami Bookmark Corner and then how to quickly and easily transform it into a cute paper Valentine's Owl bookmark. Introducing basic origami skills, whilst making a practical craft and encouraging reading with these handmade bookmarks.
This Valentine's Owl bookmark is a perfect activity as a classroom Valentine's Gift project.
Basic Valentine's Owl examples are provided and students are encourage to develop their own ideas, color schemes and designs.
* Lesson Plan Overview
* One page teaching a basic origami bookmark
* One page showing how to decorate it as a Valentine's Day Owl
PLEASE NOTE: these are WORKSHEETS with instructions. There are NO TEMPLATES included. The worksheets are designed to upskill students to learn how to transform a regular corner bookmark into something new. Once they get the hang of this activity, they can go on to invent their own designs.
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry & shapes
* Square paper (8x8 inch) in desired base color - red, pink, purple or orange
* Scraps of paper in contrasting colors
* Black pen
* Glue stick
A free video version of this craft is available to view with the class on Red Ted Art. More great Paper Valentine's Day Ideas here. And why not browse the rest of our Easy Origami for Kids resources too? And do let me know which you would enjoy seeing Printable resources for!