Let’s see how much your students know about Valentine’s Day! The lesson with this Valentine’s Quiz will definitely be fun! The quiz can be used as part of a holiday unit or as a filler. It has various questions that involve a little bit of general knowledge, history, biology, literature and pop culture.
There are 50 questions in total.
The quiz comes in two options: cards or PowerPoint presentation (the questions are exactly the same – choose which format you prefer to use during your lesson)
Quiz – cards (pdf file)
- Cut the cards out
- Divide cards with questions into sets A and B (25 questions in each set)
- Divide the students into two groups
- Each group chooses a student who will be reading the questions out. If the group doesn’t know the answer, the person who reads the question can come up with different clues. For example, for the question In which European country did Saint Valentine live?, the person could give clues such as: this country is famous for a pizza, you associate Ferrari with this country, etc.
- Set the time limit for the group to guess the answer, e.g. 30 seconds. If the students don’t know the answer, the question can be answered by the opposite group.
- It would be best if the student from group A and B were reading the questions by turns.
- For every question answered, the team wins one point. The group with the most points, wins the quiz.
Note: You need to cut out the cards. There are 50 cards in total. The answers for the questions are included on the same cards.
Quiz – presentation
- Divide the students into 2 groups
- Read the questions out. The group who tells the correct answer first, wins the point. The group with the most points, wins the quiz.
Note: there are 106 slides in total. The answers are included on the slides. The quiz was done with PowerPoint 2007.
Hope your students will enjoy this quiz! :)