Valentine's Reading Fluency in a Flash 3rd Grade • Digital Fluency Mini Lessons
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle! This is an 18 week bundle of seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for the seasons in 3rd Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this seasonal bundle. This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 3rd Grade Fluency inPrice $24.95Original Price $31.50Save $6.55
- 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash + 3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle! This is a MEGA bundle of everyday and seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for 3rd Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this mega bundle.This is a bundle of:3rd Grade FluPrice $49.95Original Price $91.00Save $41.05
Valentine's Day Fluency in a Flash Add-On for 3rd Grade! This is a 2 week set of Valentine's Day themed reading fluency mini lessons for 3rd Grade.
>>> This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash bundle. <<<
Please note: You MUST have PowerPoint on a desktop device to use this resource. It is NOT compatible with Google Slides, Keynote, or Powerpoint for iPad. This resource is digital only and is not designed to be printed. The files will open directly into Powerpoint show mode to protect the complicated animations and links.
Save $$ by purchasing this resource in the 3rd Grade Winter Fluency in a Flash Bundle (6 weeks) or the 3rd Grade Seasonal Fluency in a Flash Bundle (18 weeks)!
What is Fluency in a Flash?
Fluency in a Flash is a brief, targeted routine for practicing reading fluency daily. Each day of the week focuses on a specific fluency skill and can be completed in 2 or 3 minutes.
Simply project the day’s lesson on your board (PowerPoint required) and guide your students through the activity. Offer feedback on how they’re reading and, if time allows, give them the opportunity to complete an extension activity and self-assess their reading fluency.
At the end of each day, we also offer a quick optional practice activity and an opportunity for students to self-assess how well they used the components of fluent reading.
We also include a paper-free teachers guide that can be easily accessed within the file as needed.
What does a week of 3rd Grade Valentine's Day Fluency in a Flash look like?
- Monday - Syllable Segments: Students work with multi-syllable words to practice the word attack strategies of segmenting and blending. Syllables slide in on valentines before a mail truck reveals the whole word.
- Tuesday - What a Character: Students practice reading a short seasonal poem as a real-life opportunity to practice good phrasing and expression. They also have the opportunity to practice reading as different characters to make this fluency practice extra fun. Students can read in three seasonal styles each week: someone without a mouthful of chocolate, cupid, someone licking a stamp, a love bug, someone smelling stinky perfume, someone feeling bashful
- Wednesday - Watch Your Tone: Students practice reading the same sentence using tones that match different settings. This helps them focus on the subtler aspects of expressive reading. Three different Valentine’s Day scenes each week make these sentences take on a whole new meaning.
- Thursday - Crazy Conversations: Students create a conversation where the words are nonsense, but they must use the punctuation cues to add meaning to what they’re saying. Students will love having a nonsense Valentine’s Day word conversation with cupid and a princess with a frog and a flower deliveryman and customer.
- Friday - Riddles: Fluency and inferencing skills are applied as students practicing reading—and then solving—seasonal riddles. Spoiler alert: Set on a Paris street, your students will love these Valentine’s Day riddles that are pulled onto the scene by a Paris Metro train!
What does 3rd Grade Valentine's Day Fluency in a Flash contain?
This set contains 2 WEEKS of fun Valentine's Day themed fluency practice!
Looking for more Fluency resources? Check out all our fluency resources.
Join our Facebook Group to see more about this program and ask questions!
Connect with us! • Second Story Window • Facebook • Twitter • Pinterest