Evaluating Expressions, Simplifying, Writing, & Using Variables - Interactive "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- definitions of variable, expression
- concept of using a variable
- sample of how to write and use a variable expression
- identifying & writing expressions
- practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle
Fractions: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Activity Bundle