- Each student gets their own baggie of colors goldfish snacks. Alternative: paper colors goldfish
- Dry erase marker
- 1 to 1 correspondence: student rolls the die one time and puts that amount in the fishbowl.
- Addition: student rolls the die one time and puts that amount of goldfish in the fishbowl. Then student rolls again. Alternative: have students roll 2 dice at the same time. Then put both amounts in the fishbowl and add.
Alternative: students use the numbers on the fishbowls as sums or differences and create different as many number sentences as possible. ex. 10 is 2+8, 8+2, 4+6, 6+4, 3+7, 7+3, 1+9, 9+1
- Subtraction: students roll 2 dice and place the highest amount in the fishbowl. Then students take away/subtract the lowest amount.
- Matching: place numbers on each goldfish. Create a die with dots on it. Students match the dots with the numbers on the goldfish. For fun create another set but place dots on the goldfish and numbers on the die.
- Greater Than/Less Than/Equal To: students can compare amounts and place the correct symbol in the middle. Students roll 2 dice and place one amount on one side and place the amount from the 2nd die on the other side. Students determine which is more, less than, or equal to. The mouth of the big fish eats the bigger amount.
- For differentiation, teach at teacher table first, targeting specific skills needed for each student.
- Teach whole group.
- Use for independent work at work stations.
- Laminate for use with dry erase markers.