Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.09 MB | 10 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard L.6.3.A. They will identify when sentence patterns should be varied. Students will take steps to vary sentence patterns to improve meaning, reader interest, and style. Students also have the option to watch instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 1 link to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 3 links to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions and one matching question
• Definitions of key terms, such as conjunction and clause
• Examples of how to vary sentence patterns to create more interesting writing
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as point of view through comparison
• Differentiation activities for students who tend to use the same sentence patterns in all of their work
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels