Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.11 MB | 12 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard L.11–12.3.A. They will identify techniques for varying the syntax in sentences. Students will analyze the effects of varied syntax in complex texts and write sentences with varied syntax for effect. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 2 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 2 links to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes two multiple choice questions and one yes or no question
• Definitions of key terms, such as predicate and declarative sentences
• Examples of how to vary syntax for effect
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels