Vascular Plants – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (spore, seed, angiosperm, gymnosperm, and pollination).
• Explanation of the main parts of vascular plants.
• Classification of vascular plants.
• Examples of angiosperms.
• Gymnosperm cones illustrated.
• Flower parts labeled.
• Pollination explained.
• How seeds are dispersed.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: pollen grains, stamen, seed, ovary, pistil, spore, pollination, angiosperm, and gymnosperm.
• This second activity has students match the parts of a plant to an accompanying picture. Also needing identification are pictures of spores, angiosperms, and gymnosperms. (8 matching items).