Vascular Plants – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (spore, seed, angiosperm, gymnosperm, and pollination).
• Explanation of the main parts of vascular plants.
• Classification of vascular plants.
• Examples of angiosperms.
• Gymnosperm cones illustrated.
• Flower parts labeled.
• Pollination explained.
• How seeds are dispersed.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: pollen grains, stamen, seed, ovary, pistil, spore, pollination, angiosperm, and gymnosperm.
• This second activity has students match the parts of a plant to an accompanying picture. Also needing identification are pictures of spores, angiosperms, and gymnosperms. (8 matching items).
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.