“Vegetable Vocabulary, Singular & Plural Nouns, & A Read Aloud, Stone Soup, – Grades 1-3 – Expanding/Bridging," can be used in a variety of ways to complement your existing ELD, ELL, ESL, and/or EFL curriculum. This thirty-two page unit contains eighteen reproducible worksheets for classroom use, six pages of flash cards/word cards which focus on ELD vocabulary, language, speaking, reading, listening development, phonemic awareness, phonics, role-playing a story, and retelling key story details. Each reproducible worksheet includes teacher directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation and reduction in preparation time.
Note: There are eighteen worksheets provided for this unit. This has been done so that you can tailor your lessons to meet the language needs of your students.
Also included are vocabulary charts that you can use when you plan your lessons, six teacher preparation pages, which include: vocabulary and language objectives, reading objectives, story objectives, a story synopsis, an overview for the vocabulary/language and story lessons, an overview for the Stone Soup lessons, and vocabulary charts, which include: key lesson and story vocabulary, and key language: (singular and plural nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, and suggested language frames).
Your English Language Learners in Grades 1-3 should enjoy the worksheets, the activities, and the story. Their communication skills will be enhanced as they are guided through the vocabulary and language lessons and practice reading strategies, participate in a read-aloud story, and retell key story details.
*Common Core Standards are included.
Student Reproducible Pages Include:
1) 18 worksheets and 6 pages of flash/word cards so that you can
create lessons that meet the language needs of your students
2) Directions at the bottom of each worksheet – for ease of
3) Estimated time for each lesson/worksheet
4) Activities are included in the directions to make the
presentation fun and meaningful
5) Key Vocabulary Worksheets for vegetables and Stone Soup
6) Opening cover illustration pages that can be used to preview
vegetables and the story, Stone Soup
7) A vocabulary assessment worksheet for vegetables and Stone
8) Two worksheets that address singular and plural nouns
9) A phonics & letter writing lesson/worksheet for the letters V v
10) A phonemic awareness lesson – isolation/discrimination
/f/ & /v/
11) Two - 2-Fold Books for vegetables I like to eat and Stone
12) Vocabulary flash cards for vegetables and Stone Soup
13) Word Cards to create patterned sentences using
vegetables, characters from the story, and language from the
14) Reproducible Pages for, Stone Soup, Parts 1, 2, & 3
15) Two Application Activity Worksheets for vegetables & Stone
Many thanks to Little Red’s Clip Art. Your art is wonderful and fun!