Also included in
- Venezuelan Current Events and Basic information all combined in one bundle!This store supports three Venezuelan Families.$20.00$30.00Save $10.00
Spanish students can read the prices in bolivares on the infographc and calculate the amount in dollars for Cristina's monthly educational expenses. They then analyze the wage her father earns and discuss how many hours he must work to educate her.
- Infographic with the amount in bolivares written in words.
- Worksheet for writing the amounts in numerals and converting to dollars.
- Answer sheet with the amounts in numerals.
This copyrighted document is fully editable because we are rushing to make this timely and there may be a few spelling typos which I hope you will privately share with me at minutebyminutespanish@gmail. com. I wasn't going to create any new activities because I have a new class to prep and it takes up all my time! But this info is so compelling that I want to share it and help these families to eat and pay for their children's medicines and education.
For activities about the price of food click here.
For activities about water in Venezuela
5. Hand out page 5 and students predict prices from the previous week – talk about the government’s need to provide arroz y harina cheaply else more will starve. The military controls the food supply! Show the answers in PowerPoint page 12.
6. Repeat with pages six and seven for hours worked and prices from the following week.
If you are interested in Venezuela, you may like this song about immigrating to Colombia.
You may also be interested in the Venezuelan National Anthem Video and booklet.