These fun activities involve sorting words and pictures into sets and subsets using Venn diagrams. They help children:
• develop their abilities to see relationships.
• distinguish similarities and differences.
• classify a variety of objects and words.
• build reading vocabulary and logic skills.
• have practice with concepts such as living/non-living, plants/animals, hot/cold, big/little, soft/hard, etc.
The first half of the book has pictures with words; the second half has just words. The teacher may need to help younger children with the words in the second half. Puzzles toward the end of the book are challenging enough that some research may be helpful.
This set of puzzles is a good resource for working with children who are learning English as a second language.
NOTE: These puzzles were originally published by MindWare as Venn Perplexors Level A.
Please visit my TpT store for lots more resources: Evelyn Christensen Puzzles-Math-and-More.