Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards, with emphasis on Reading: Foundational Skills.
This Literacy Law teaches young students about endings s and es that make verbs third person singular. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of this phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster/anchor chart to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Copycats" to practice changing verbs
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for 1-3 students
8. Three worksheets to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. Two fun enrichment activities.
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Literacy Law packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila