Students need to identify verbs in a sentence. This verb station activity will provide students practice with finding verbs in a sentence. If you need to practice verb identification from a grammar or a writing perspective, these verb practice sentences will work.
A total of 60 sentences to practice verb identification is included in this grammar station activity.
• 15 verb stations with four sentences each. The verb stations are staggered for differentiation:
→ First set of five stations: sentences contain one verb.
→ Second set of five stations: sentences contain helping verbs.
→ Third set of five stations: sentences contain more than one verb.
• Student answer sheets.
• An answer key.
• Ideas for using verb stations in class.
I made these verb practice sentences when I needed my older students to identify verbs in their own writing. They needed a refresher, and this verb activity worked well.
It is also suitable for younger students learning about verbs. You can see a sample of verb sentences in the thumbnail.
This product is part of the Complete Grammar Curriculum.
• Verbs Powerhouse Bundle
• Verbs and Types of Sentences: Mentor Sentences from The Hunger Games
• Verbs and Verb Phrases: Mentor Sentences in The Hunger Games
• Color by Grammar: Action and Linking Verbs Coloring Sheet
Other Grammar Stations
• Pronoun Stations: Types of Pronouns FREEBIE
• Simple Sentences Stations and Powerpoint - Review Subjects and Predicates