Use this Go Fish game to provide students a fun way to reinforce verb tense identification.
1. Get a group of 2-5 students.
2. Pass out anywhere from 4-6 cards a student and the rest of the cards go in the go fish pile in the center.
3. Have students check out all the cards in their hand. In order to get a match they will need to find the opposite tense of the words they have. So if a student has walked they need to find walk. So the student will choose a student they want to ask and say “...do you have the word walk?”
4. If the students has the word they give it to that student and they lay the matches down. If not, they tell the student to “go fish” and they grab a card from the center. If it is a match they can use it.
5.The player continues their turn until they don’t get a match.
6. The person with the most matches when everyone’s cards are out wins!