Capture students attention with Marvel Comic Book character Mystique. As Mystique changes forms to fit the situation, so must the verb ser change forms to fit the situation. Students will see that the form of the verb changes to reflect the subject and the tense. I encourage students to use reasoning skills to determine the different rules and establish a criteria that best fits them.
In the PowerPoint you will find:
1. A comparison of "ser," "to be," and Mystique
2. Present tense changes of "ser" and "to be"
3. Review of Subject pronouns and conjugation chart
4. Forms of "ser" in conjugation chart with and without subject pronouns
5. Consideration of each form of the verb and the subject pronouns used with it
6. Opportunity for students to deliberate as to why subject pronouns can
sometimes be omitted
7. Practice in determining the correct form of "ser"
8. Definition of sentence given (However, I would encourage students to explore
on their own or in groups before clicking to give a dictionary.)
9. Practice writing simple sentences using "ser"
This PowerPoint is full of material. However, I understand that each teacher and class is different. Therefore, I would like to offer any specific changes that you would like for your class for additional $1.
I hope you enjoy this PowerPoint as much as I enjoyed making it.