Help your students understand how to identify and use gerunds as verbals.
Task cards help them apply new skills to their own writing.
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ ready to use -- print & teach
♥ step-by-step notes for identifying and using
♥ task cards offer creative writing application
♥ gerunds "in the wild" help students identify how professional writers use gerunds
♥ summative assessment
This resource includes:
• daily lesson plans
• student notes
• practice identifying gerunds and gerund phrases in writing
• distinguishing between gerunds and present participle verbs
• determining how the gerund is used in the sentence
• sentence analysis
• mentor texts that show gerunds "in the wild" (professional writing)
• 8 task cards that provide creative writing practice for students to apply gerunds in their own writing
• summative assessment
• student self-assessment
• teacher checklist
• answer key
• see it all in the preview!
You might also be interested in:
More verbals! Check out the bundle resource: Verbals- Participles, Gerunds, and Infinitives
Understanding and Using Participles
How to Find the Parts of the Sentence
I'd love to have you follow my store and be the first to hear about freebies, sales, and new products. Click on the green star by my store name!
I read and respond to all feedback, and I love to hear how you use my resources in your classroom. Plus, feedback earns you TPT credit! Questions? Requests? Just leave me a message in the Q&A below, and I'll get right back to you!