Also included in
- Verbals (gerund, participle, and infinitive) and verbal phrases have many complex angles. This verbals unit includes varying activities and tools for teachers to choose what works best for individual classes and students while studying verbals. All verbals, participles, infinitives, and gerunds, are$11.47$16.89Save $5.42
- Stop piecing together grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this complete grammar curriculum, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentations, worksheets, Color$189.99$358.43Save $168.44
- 8th Grade Grammar Lessons and Activities. Do you need to hit every language standard for eighth grade? This bundle covers every aspect of the eighth grade Common Core standards for language: verbals (gerunds, infinitives, participles), mood in verbs (subjunctive, conditional, interrogative, imperat$22.05$31.50Save $9.45
Try an interactive grammar activity for studying verbals! Practice verbals (gerunds, infinitive, participles) with over 50 sentences for studying. Study the different types of verbals in a variety of ways with this hands-on grammar activity. You will receive a PDF as well as links for digital versions of these grammar activities.
This grammar activity is for practicing the recognition of verbals: participles, gerunds, infinitives. It contains two grammar sorts (with fifty sentences) and an exit ticket.
GRAMMAR SORT ONE
→ 30 sentences that students must sort. The sentences contain a participle, infinitive, or gerund. Students must place the sentence in the correct column.
→ 20 sentences that students must sort. The sentences all contain a gerund. Students must place each gerund in the correct column for how it is functioning - subject, direct object, indirect object, or object of a preposition.
For differentiation, one copy of the sentences are blank, and the second copy has the gerund underlined. Choose which to use! You should see this picture in the thumbnails.
→ An exit ticket. Students must complete fifteen sentences (three for each verbal) with an appropriate verbal. Possible answers are included.
→ An answer key is included for all three activities.
This grammar activity provides over 50 practice sentences for understanding verbals: infinitives, participles, and gerunds. The activities are in PDF and digital forms.
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.