PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Part 2 of 2 PRINTABLE SUPPORTS
Why this resource?
This resource was designed to meet the Common Core State Standards for Language 8.1.A. Teaching and learning the Language standards can be challenging for both students and teachers. Middle school students are expected to be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of grammar and conventions by the time they enter high school. Middle school teachers have the difficult task of teaching students what we know they need and what is required by the Common Core. Therefore, I wanted to provide a user-friendly resource that could guide teachers and support students in their understanding of gerunds, participles, and infinitives.
What does this resource offer?
• Formative pre-assessments for participles, gerunds, and infinitives.
• Instructional starting points for low, average, and high learners based on formative assessments.
• Instructional practice designed for gradual release of responsibility to support learners.
• Differentiated practice examples and supports for low, average, and high learners.
• Two grade-level summative assessments designed for average and low learners and a more challenging assessment for high learners.
• Proficiency assessment and gradient rubric designed to provide specific and individualized skill feedback.
What can I expect to gain from this resource?
• Knowledge about the Common Core State Standards for Language 8.1.A organized into an easy-to-use instructional format.
• High-quality instructional practices that support your low, average, and high students.
• An understanding of how to use pre-assessment data to meet the needs of your low, average, and high students to meet grade-level proficiency standards.
• Complete lessons, supports, and assessments in ready-to-print PDF format.
• Provide your students with specific feedback designed to evaluate individual proficiency levels.