Verbals (and verbal phrases which include gerund, participle, and infinitive) have many complex angles. This Verbal Powerhouse Bundle includes varying activities and tools for teachers to choose what works best for individual classes and students while studying verbals.
All verbals - participles, infinitives, and gerunds - are covered.
* Pretests: Assess where students are in understanding verbals with these fast pretests.
* Power Point: Explains and provides examples of verbals. Covers punctuation, identity, and location of gerunds, participles, and infinitives.
* Textbook (teacher and student editions): Clearly outlines the definitions and provides sample sentences for students to practice. The teacher edition also has helpful hints.
* Workbook: Provides extra help. The formatting is the same as the textbook, and you may print and bind them together easily.
* Worksheets: Provides extra practice in a variety of ways.
* Task cards: 20 task cards that practice gerunds, infinitives, and participles separately - and then together.
* 1 flipping book: One large book (pictured in the thumbnails). It allows students to take notes or create lists - your choice.
* Flash cards: All verbal components are on fun flash cards for easy group or individual group work.
* Scaffolded workbook: 55 sentences that increase in difficulty. Start at the beginning or use specific sections for individual student needs. It can be found: Verbals Practice Workbook.
* Interactive notebook activity: The "verb bonfire" is ready to roast s'mores! It is pictured in the preview and thumbnails.
* Scramble: Students will "unscramble" and sort sentences into the correct categories. Each sentence contains one type of verbal.
* Nonfiction study: An original nonfiction writing is included. Students will identify verbal components in writing.
* Final test: This covers identification of verbals. It is editable.
You may not use all of these tools with every class, but you should have enough materials to pull when needed for different learners while teaching verbals.
Please look at the preview for a very specific table of contents. The thumbnails contain pictures of most of the products, too.
Answer keys are included for all.
This product was updated MARCH 2018.
Ready to take the plunge and never buy another grammar activity again? This verbals (gerunds, participles, infinitives) bundle is in a larger package. Everything needed to differentiate grammar lesson plans is in the Complete Grammar Curriculum.
Buy today - and have access to updates for all grammar products, for life!