PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These vocabulary picture cards could be used to introduce some common -er verbs as well as practice their mastery. They are great for playing Charades and Pictionary! Both games will get your students drawing, moving, acting and speaking French. These games will allow your students practice the meaning of the common -er verbs as well as a few common irregular verbs. This activity is designed for beginner learners of French (ideal for French 1 students).
List of the -er verbs
acheter, aider, aimer, apporter, chanter, chercher, danser, dessiner, donner, écouter, étudier, habiter, inviter, jouer, manger, lever, monter, nager, parler, participer, planter, porter, préparer, promener, organiser, regarder, téléphoner, travailler, trouver, voyager
List of irregular verbs
dormir, faire, lire
1. Divide your class into groups of 3-4 students.
2. Print, laminate and cut the cards, one set (42 cards) per group.
3. Have students put the cards in the middle and taking turns, act out (Charades) or draw (Pictionary) what's written on the card so that others could guess.
4. The student who, guesses the words (written on the card) first, wins that round.
5. Then another student takes another card from the pile and acts out or draws what's on that cards.
Clip art used in this cards is from https://www.mycutegraphics.com/
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.