Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. This Working Words packet is aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about verbs and verb usage. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of Verbs with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity, including a Verbs in Action game
3. A poster to help students remember verbs when reading and writing
4. Three original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Five Pet Parrots" to practice verb usage
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners called Verb Capture
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity called What's My Verb?
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila