Over 70 PowerPoint slides with beautiful pictures, THREE versions of differentiated notes, and NEW narrated PowerPoint VIDEOS
are included in this product. Videos are designed with the Flipped Classroom in mind, but they can also be used as part of a substitute teacher plan, or when students miss lecture or need remediation. I designed this presentation for a general high school Biology class, but the content is appropriate for most students in grades 7-10. And, since it’s editable, you can customize it for your class by removing, rearranging or adding slides.
Want to save money?
This product is available in two discounted bundles:
Animal Kingdom Unit Bundle
includes this resource along with Vertebrates Task Cards AND Invertebrates PowerPoint, Notes and Task Cards.
PowerPoints for Biology Bundle
includes all of Science Island's PowerPoints without the task cards.
This download includes 8 files:
2. PowerPoint presentation with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
This product includes You Tube access to 3 narrated PowerPoint Screencast Videos:
1. Vertebrates, Part I (10:11): Introduction, Fish
2. Vertebrates, Part II (8:54): Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds
3. Vertebrates, Part III (9:13): Mammals
Includes characteristics, examples, and key terms from all vertebrate groups:
• mammary glands
I also have a set of 35 Vertebrates Task Cards
that are great for review and reinforcement.
You might also like:
Vertebrates Review Qubes Game for Biology
Invertebrates PowerPoint and Notes
Invertebrates Task Cards
Check out Animal Group Names Activity
. This is a great activity for kinesthetic learners or it can be adapted for cooperative learning groups. What a fun way to introduce or wrap-up your Animals Unit!
Aloha and Happy Teaching!
©2015 Science Island