This pack covers supplementary, complementary, and vertical angles with higher level applications. The lesson introduces the term "linear pair." Students discover that vertical angles are congruent and practice applying algebra skills when solving for angle measures.
Here's what's included:
- A hands-on folding activity for discovering properties of vertical angles
- A guided inquiry worksheet for vertical angles
- 2 half-sheet warm-ups
- An organizer for students to record properties of vertical angles with a small exit ticket slip
- A short presentation
- 2 pages of basic practice with special angle pairs
- A challenge page for finding missing angle measures in a full-sheet puzzle
- An algebra application worksheet
- Answer Keys
** Please review the preview file for more information.
-ruler or other straightedge
-patty paper, tracing paper, or tissue paper
Check that the problems are appropriate for your students. Some of the application problems require solving multi-step equations. These can be skipped, but be sure that most of the content is on a level appropriate for your class.
Zip file contains two PDF files.
Try more Math Giraffe resources:
Lesson Pack: Transversals
High School Geometry Super Bundle
Quadrilaterals: Always, Sometimes, Never