Common Core recommends using a vertical number line, but they are difficult to find. I made this one for my classroom, and felt it would be a great item for any classroom. Please note that this is -20 to +20 number line.
Included in the packet:
* Vertical Number Line - PowerPoint
* Vertical Number Line - Picture folder
* Directions for printing as PowerPoint
* Directions for printing as pictures
* Options for printing
* Directions for piecing it together
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Understand that positive and negative numbers are used together to describe quantities having opposite directions or values (e.g., temperature above/below zero, elevation above/below sea level, credits/debits, positive/negative electric charge); use positive and negative numbers to represent quantities in real-world contexts, explaining the meaning of 0 in each situation.