Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Included in this zip folder are 6 SMART Notebook files. 1 is a study guide of the vertical projectile formula h(t)=.5at^2+v0t+h0. The other 5 files are assignments. A brief description of each:
The Study Guide is a 1 page, 8 slide printable. The sides are:
1. The formula
2. Gravity in m/sec^2 and in ft/sec^2
3. Initial velocity and its location in the formula
4. Initial height and its location in the formula
5. Height at any time, t, found by input/output
6. Maximum height found by the -b/2a method
7. Maximum time found by the quadratic formula
8. Average speed(rate of change) found by delta y/delta t
Assignment #1 is a 24 question multiple choice assignment. The emphasis is substitution into the formula, input/output and reading the parts of a vertical projectile formula over time. It is on 1 page for easy printing and coded for SMART Response.
Assignment #2 is a 24 question multiple choice assignment. The emphasis is finding the vertex for maximum height, identifying the total time of the projectile in flight and the average speed over an interval. It is on 1 page for easy printing and coded for SMART Response.
Assignment #3 is a word problem. The student is asked to:
1. write an equation of the projectile
2. fill in a 10 row table of values for inputs and outputs
3. use the -b/2a method to find the vertex
4. put the equation in vertex form
5. model the flight of the projectile in a time/height graph
6. use the quadratic formula to find the total time
7. find the average speed over an interval
This assignment is free in the Preview file and is on 1 page for easy printing.
Assignment #4 is like #3
Assignment #5 is like #3
Thank you for looking
Vertex of a Parabola
Degree 2 word problems
Parabola word problems