This item includes several resources for the primary classroom teacher (grades 1-3) to introduce, reinforce, and develop vocabulary in meaningful and playful ways. The activities will work in whole-group or small-group settings. In this set of materials, you'll find:
• Nine Vocabulary Strategy Posters (to help children become independent problem solvers)
• Seventeen Word Webs, Concept Maps, T-Charts, and Other Organizers
• Student Books for "New Words" and "Interesting Idioms"
• Games: Making Lists, Fast Finds, Taboo, I Have...Who Has, and Prefix Bingo
• Word Jars
• A List of Picture Books That Encourage "Word Wonder"
• Suggested Commercial Games for Families (Fun Vocabulary Support)
The thumbnails represent a small portion of the materials. Check out the three-page preview to see more of the documents included in this packet. All pages included in this download may be copied and/or enlarged for single classroom use.