- Easel Activity
Also included in
- I teach my students that Veterans fought for our freedom and peace, and that we can honor that by being kind to one another. The kindness and Veterans day resources for kindergarten and primary students that I have put together here are based on storybook lessons in song, with characters modeling poPrice $6.50Original Price $8.75Save $2.25
Are you wondering how to teach Kindergarten and early elementary students about Veterans Day in a meaningful, age-appropriate way?
Veterans Day is an ideal time to promote good citizenship, gratitude, and kindness as a way to honor those who have made sacrifices for our peace and freedom.
This VETERANS DAY MINI UNIT has a printable picture book that you can sing!
Additional activities include no-prep literacy and math printables with a Veterans Day theme. Contains U.S. flag, images and colors.
Remembrance Day (original Canadian version with hundreds of reviews!) please click here.
ANZAC Day version, please click here.
- Veterans Day full-color picture / song book
- Student picture / song booklet (half-page black and white version of original)
- Educator copy of The Poppy Connection song on a single page with a link to The Rainbow Connection on YouTube
- Coloring pages reinforcing how the poppy reminds us of the sacrifices made for the freedom and peace we have, and how children can demonstrate gratitude through kindness
- Differentiated K-1 literacy and math themed printables (Some cut and paste or TpT Easel-ready, where applicable)
- Kindness and Peace classroom display page for students to draw a picture, with lines beneath for writing.
Sample it free!
This resource is also included in:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This was a great and simple way to introduce the meaning of Veterans Day to my students.” -Helen
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This is moving and wonderful and perfect for my kinders to comprehend.” -Blauss
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback. Your feedback provides me with the information I need to continue creating and updating products for our students!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the “Provide Feedback” button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Pop by for a visit: