This cross-curricular Veterans Day unit includes activities, lessons, research and more to provide your 3rd – 4th graders with a week fill with learning about Veterans Day.
This product includes:
1. Veterans Day Smart Sources – Use for word walls or student notebooks.
2. Veterans Day Websites – Learn the official songs of each branch of the military. Research famous veterans.
3. Veterans Day Book – Color, cut, staple and read to learn facts about Veterans Day.
4. Veterans Day Timeline – Cut and glue facts about Veterans Day to a timeline.
5. Military History: Crack the Code Math – Work on multiplication skills while learning fun facts about each branch of the military. Great for morning work.
6. Veterans Day Word Searches – Words are left to right or top to bottom.
7. Wall of Honor Project – Week long research project to learn about and honor a veteran. Parent letter included.
8. Create a Medal Mini-Project – Create a medal for a veteran. Write why the veteran earned the medal.
9. Complete instructions for all activities.
10. Answer keys and project rubrics included.
Check out the preview file. Then grab this great activity.