Celebrate Veterans Day in a meaningful and engaging way! This resource includes two activities. One activity is a Fact Hunt and Veterans Day Doodle Infographic. The other activity is an acrostic poem. With these activities, students will learn about the history of Veterans Day, interesting facts about the day, and make connections to the holiday. They’ll create a doodle infographic filled with facts and an original poem.
About the Fact Hunt & Veterans Day Infographic
Students will learn critical facts about Veterans Day while filling in a Veterans Day Doodle Infographic. They’ll be up on their feet, rotating around the classroom, collecting facts, and learning! The end result is a visually appealing and informative doodle-style infographic about Veterans Day.
About the Acrostic Poem
After students learn about Veterans Day, they’ll create an acrostic poem. The poem is based on the word “Veteran.” Students will write the poem on a soldier shape. Then, they can color in the shape to make a patriotic representation of Veterans Day.
Both resources require students to glue pieces of paper together to create unique final products! They make great classroom displays, gifts for Veterans, or hallway art! Also, these activities can be combined and completed as a single lesson or spread over two days.
Included in this resource:
- Detailed lesson plan for the Fact Hunt and Doodle Infographic
- Detailed lesson plan for the Veterans Day Acrostic Poem
- Fact Cards (14 total) – color version
- Fact Cards (14 total) – black and white version
- Doodle Infographic (2 pages)
- Soldier poem template (2 pages)
- Answer key – infographic (2 pages)
Other Doodle and Do Resources…
- ELEMENTS of FICTION Doodle Vocabulary - Students learn 36 words associated with fiction and doodle along the way!
- Doodle and Do Reading Skills Bundle! - Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Fact & Opinion, Sequencing, and Summarizing
- 5 Nonfiction Text Structure Mini-Units - Problem/Solution, Compare and Contrast, Descriptive, Chronological Order, and Cause and Effect
- How to Study for a Test Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
- Writing Responses with Text-Based Evidence Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
You may also like:
- 120 Daily ELA Warm-Ups! - Students choose to do the “this” or the “that” warm-up each day!
- Expository Writing Unit - Researching and Writing a News Story About a Historical Event
- Poetry Writing Unit - 11-Day Poetry Study and Writing Unit
- 101 Writing Prompts - Students choose which creative prompt they would like to respond to.
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction