Veterans Day Activities Reading Comprehension Writing Thank You Cards 3rd Grade
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you ready for the upcoming fall holidays like Halloween, Day of the Dead, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving? Never be caught without engaging holiday activities for your upper elementary students this fall! Engage your students this autumn with these holiday-themed informational texts and criticalPrice $35.00Original Price $49.09Save $14.09
- Engage your students throughout the year with these holiday-themed informational texts and critical thinking writing activities that upper elementary kids LOVE! Be ready for holiday celebrations this school year with these meaningful and fun activities.Nonfiction reading passages are perfect to pracPrice $96.00Original Price $143.30Save $47.30
Are you looking for engaging resources about Veterans and the 6 Armed Forces? This high-interest Veterans Day pack includes nonfiction reading passages, reflective activities, writing, math, word search, and so much more to engage your students this November about his important American holiday.
Save time planning with these high-interest Language Arts, Math, and Writing activities! Plus bonus activities like Thank You Letters to Veterans!
Informational reading passages are perfect to practice close reading strategies and give students the background knowledge that they need to understand, reflect, and engage in meaningful discourse about this American holiday.
Short on time to teach Veterans Day? Complete activities in group settings and encourage meaningful discourse in a short amount of time!
Save 20% by purchasing this product in the holiday bundle: Autumn Holidays No Prep BUNDLE
This set includes a printable AND digital version to use with Google Classroom™.
✓ Link and directions to use the digital version in Google Classroom™
✓Veterans Day KWL Chart
✓Informational Passages and Activities
- Let’s Learn about Veterans Day
- Veterans Day National Ceremony
- Military Uniforms
- American Armed Forces-with Main Idea Graphic Organizer
- Veterans Day and Memorial Day-with Venn Diagram Graphic Organizer
- The Space Force with close reading activities
✓Create a Uniform
✓Our Heroes Poem and Reflection
✓Soldier Character Traits
✓Look It Up! Vocabulary Words
✓Veterans Day Word Search and Answer Key
✓Veterans Day Math Problem Solving and
- Navy: Comparing Lengths
- Army: Addition of 4 Digit Numbers
- Marines: Multiplication
- Coast Guard: Graphing Problems
- Air Force: Elapsed Time Problems
✓Interview A Veteran
✓Thank You Letter to Veterans
✓Veterans Day Acrostic Poem
✓Veterans Day Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers: *Opinion, *Explanatory, *Narrative
✓Veterans Day Book Culminating Activity
✓Veterans Day 3*2*1
Suggestions for Effective Classroom Use:
✓Independent Reading Practice
✓Independent Writing Practice
✓Bulletin Board-Many activities can be used for cute bulletin board displays.
NOTE: There is a primary edition of this pack specifically created for grades 1-2. Click the link to see the primary pack: Veterans Day Primary Edition
Recent Feedback on this Product:
"This unit is EXCELLENT!!!! I cannot express how much I appreciate having a thematic unit that is geared towards the upper grades. My students loved it! I just purchased the Thanksgiving Unit as well and cannot wait to get started. Great Job!!!"
"Created a wonderful bulletin board display to celebrate Veterans."
"What an incredible resource! It made my life so easy and so meaningful for my students! Thank you!"
"This is an extremely thorough resource. There are so many activities to choose from. There is an activity to meet the needs/interests of each student in your room. I'm very happy with my purchase and will be using these activities for many classes to come. Thanks for sharing - and for helping to teach so many students about the importance of Veterans Day."
You might be interested in:
- Thanksgiving No Prep Pack
- Today's Thanksgiving Tradition
- Autumn Sub Plans-No Prep
- November Poetry Bulletin Board Set
Follow me by clicking the green star at the top of my store page for notifications of new products and sales. Remember new products are always 50% off the first 24 hours!
Subscribe to my blog for engaging teaching ideas and exclusive freebies!
Follow me on Instagram for behind the scenes views of Think Grow Giggle:
Think Grow Giggle on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest for more teaching ideas:
Think Grow Giggle on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook for teaching ideas and flash freebies:
Questions? Email me at ThinkGrowGiggleShop@gmail.com