Also included in
- Patriotic Holidays is a bundled packet of activities to learn about and celebrate the following patriotic U.S. holidays: Veterans Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Fourth of July. The activities include writing, drawing, graphic organizers, informational posters, crafts, vocabulary wo$25.00$29.50Save $4.50
Students learn about and celebrate the Veterans Day holiday with this packet of activities and a craft for first and second grades. You’ll find nonfiction writing, graphic organizers, a word search, honoring veterans home activity, poem, booklet, and veteran craft that is perfect for a bulletin board display. It also includes posters of the United States military branches: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy and a bulletin board banner.
The packet includes:
- Veterans Day Poster – information poster about the Veterans Day holiday (color and black & white).
- KWL Chart – Write what they know, want to learn, and learn as students learn about Veterans Day.
- Learning About Veterans Day – Read a non-fiction book about Veterans Day. Write and illustrate facts about the holiday. Read the facts to two classmates.
- Writing About a Soldier – Write and illustrate information about a soldier.
- Veterans Day Web – Complete a web graphic organizer with words and/or pictures that describe Veterans Day.
- Veterans Day Main Idea/Details – Complete a graphic organizer by writing details for the main idea: Americans celebrate Veterans Day on November 11th.
- Write a List! – Draw pictures and write a list of Veterans Day writing ideas.
- How many words can you make from the letters in VETERANS DAY? – Cut the letters out to make words from the letter in “VETERANS DAY.” Write the words.
- Veterans Day Booklet – Read and color a booklet about Veterans Day.
- Compare and Contrast Veterans Day and Memorial Day – Completethe Venn diagram by drawing and labeling what is the same and different about the two holidays.
- Armed Services Posters –set of posters with pictures and descriptions of each branch of the United States military service: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard (includes color and black and white versions).
- Veterans Day Salute to the Brave and Proud – Use these printables as a take home activity. Student write and draw (or use a photograph) about a family member, family friend, or neighbor who is a veteran. Display them on a Veterans Day bulletin board or compile them into a class book.
- Veterans Day Word Search – Circle or highlight given Veterans Day words in the grid.
- Veterans Day Acrostic Poem – Write a word or phrase that starts with the letters in VETERAN and describes a veteran.
- Thank You, Veterans Craft – make a face with a camouflaged hat on a background. Use the craft to display with Veterans Day writing activities and thank you letters.
- Thank You to Veterans and to Our Heroes Notes – write a thank you note to veterans. A printable for a “We Love Veterans Poster is also included.
- Writing about Veterans Day – draw and write about Veterans Day. Includes a word bank.
- United States Branches of the Military – match the names of the branches of the military to the pictures.
- Veterans Day Poster –Create a poster about Veterans Day by completing the poster with pictures and words that describe each heading.
- Thank You For Your Service Banner –“Thank You For Your Service” banner that can be used for a Veterans Day classroom bulletin board.
Includes graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 12169230375.
View the Preview to see a detailed view of what's included in the packet.
You may also like:
- Election Day Activities Voting Presidential Election Mock Elections
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Flag Day
- Fourth of July
Click HERE to follow First Grade Schoolhouse for updates, freebies, and notifications of new products.
Thank you ♥♥♥ for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse