Also included in
- Patriotic Holidays is a bundled packet of activities to learn about and celebrate the following patriotic U.S. holidays: Veterans Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Fourth of July. The activities include writing, drawing, graphic organizers, informational posters, crafts, vocabulary wo$18.88$29.50Save $10.62
Are you looking for Veterans Day activities and crafts for your first and second grade kids to learn about the meaning of and celebrate the holiday? These easy to use activities, Veterans Day craft, and writing prompts are NO PREP and easy to use. Your students will write a Veterans Day poem, complete a word search, write a thank you letter, and honor veteran family members and friends with a homework activity that is perfect for a bulletin board display.
The packet includes a banner and posters of the United States military branches: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy.
The packet includes:
- Veterans Day Poster – information poster about the Veterans Day holiday (color and black & white).
- KWL Chart – Write what they know, want to learn, and learn as students learn about Veterans Day.
- Learning About Veterans Day – Read a non-fiction book about Veterans Day. Write and illustrate facts about the holiday. Read the facts to two classmates.
- Writing About a Soldier – Write and illustrate information about a soldier.
- Veterans Day Web – Complete a web graphic organizer with words and/or pictures that describe Veterans Day.
- Veterans Day Main Idea/Details – Complete a graphic organizer by writing details for the main idea: Americans celebrate Veterans Day on November 11th.
- Write a List! – Draw pictures and write a list of Veterans Day writing ideas.
- How many words can you make from the letters in VETERANS DAY? – Cut the letters out to make words from the letter in “VETERANS DAY.” Write the words.
- Veterans Day Booklet – Read and color a booklet about Veterans Day.
- Compare and Contrast Veterans Day and Memorial Day – Completethe Venn diagram by drawing and labeling what is the same and different about the two holidays.
- Armed Services Posters –set of posters with pictures and descriptions of each branch of the United States military service: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard (includes color and black and white versions).
- Veterans Day Salute to the Brave and Proud – Use these printables as a take home activity. Student write and draw (or use a photograph) about a family member, family friend, or neighbor who is a veteran. Display them on a Veterans Day bulletin board or compile them into a class book.
- Veterans Day Word Search – Circle or highlight given Veterans Day words in the grid.
- Veterans Day Acrostic Poem – Write a word or phrase that starts with the letters in VETERAN and describes a veteran.
- Thank You, Veterans Craft – make a face with a camouflaged hat on a background. Use the craft to display with Veterans Day writing activities and thank you letters.
- Thank You to Veterans and to Our Heroes Notes – write a thank you note to veterans. A printable for a “We Love Veterans Poster is also included.
- Writing about Veterans Day – draw and write about Veterans Day. Includes a word bank.
- United States Branches of the Military – match the names of the branches of the military to the pictures.
- Veterans Day Poster –Create a poster about Veterans Day by completing the poster with pictures and words that describe each heading.
- Thank You For Your Service Banner –“Thank You For Your Service” banner that can be used for a Veterans Day classroom bulletin board.
View the Preview to see a detailed view of what's included in the packet.
You may also like:
- Election Day Activities Voting Presidential Election Mock Elections
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Flag Day
- Fourth of July
Click HERE to follow First Grade Schoolhouse for updates, freebies, and notifications of new products.
Thank you ♥♥♥ for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse