Veteran’s Day Articulation BINGO
Articulation Practice for R, S, TH, L, and CH/SH
-4 different game boards for each of the following sounds: /r/, /s/, /th/, /l/, and /sh,ch/ in all positions of words and within blends
-Game pieces to cut apart for drawing during the game.
1. Print 1 copy of every page (for each sound there are 4 game boards and the “Game Pieces” page that you will cut apart for drawing during the game)
2. Laminate all pages.
3. As instructed on each “Game Pieces” page, cut apart each square and place them in a cup/tub. Be sure to keep the sounds separate- i.e. do not mix /r/ pieces with /s/ pieces. Each sound gets it’s own tub/cup
4. Give each student a game board and tokens/coins/chips. They may place one token on the Free Space in the middle (with the Veterans Day clipart).
5. You can have all students work on one sound (since there are 4 different game boards) or they could be working on different sounds. If they are working on different sounds, give each student the appropriate game board and simply draw from both cups of game pieces, alternating between sounds so that they each get the same number of turns.
6. Draw one square game piece from the tub/cup and call out the word (or have s student call out the word. The students will find that word on their game board and place a token on it. Ask the students to produce the word at the word or sentence level, depending on their speech goal.
7. The first student to get 5 in a row calls out BINGO!
*clipart purchased from Scrappin Doodles!