Celebrate Veterans Day with this variety of activities that allow students to honor veterans and think at higher levels.
This zip file includes the following:
- Introduction to Veterans Day PowerPoint (10 slides)
- Major Wars in U.S. History and Branches of the Military Nomenclature Cards (7 pages)
- Day in the Life of a Soldier PowerPoint (7 slides)
- Fictional Narrative from the Point of View of a Soldier (graphic organizers, rubrics, and writing paper 12 pages)
- Interview a Veteran (2 pages)
- Famous Memorials for Veterans PowerPoint (5 slides)
- Create a Monument (1 page)
- Care Package to the Troops Letter (1 page)
- Write a Letter to a Soldier (16 pages)
The writing activities feature graphic organizers and rubrics for grades 1-2 and grades 3-5. They were created to align with the Common Core Writing Standards.
You can download the materials for writing a letter to the troops for free here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Letters-to-the-Troops
Download the preview for a closer look at the thumbnails. Please follow us for our weekly freebie and additional Social Studies materials. And enjoy celebrating Veterans Day with your students!