This is a powerful lesson that teaches students about and the importance of Veteran's Day. The lesson provides:
- a brief history about Veteran's Day
- pictures of soldiers in various wars
- incorporates the book, The Wall by Eve Bunting
- making tissue paper poppy pins to wear
- moving video to Toby Keith's American Solider
- journal entries
This lesson is moving and powerful! I taught this to fourth graders a couple of years ago and they still mention it whenever they see me!! Great way to get students thinking about and thanking our veterans!