This lesson can also be purchased as part of my Veteran's Day Unit. Click here
to see the full unit.
Veteran’s Day is a wonderful time to celebrate our nations patriotic symbols. The three readings included in this lesson focus on the history of the Pledge of Allegiance, Changes to the United States Flag, and History of Veteran’s Day itself. The craft activity is an ongoing project. It took my students 3 hours total to plan, gather and create the craft. They were beautiful once completed. This packet can be a weeks worth of literacy centers or 3 hour-long lessons.
What is included?
• 2 pages of suggested activities/lessons
• 1 page Veteran’s Day KWL chart
• History of American Flag Center includes 2 page reading, 10 flag poster pages, answer key and student answer sheet.
• 3 Page History of Pledge of Allegiance reading with open-ended response questions
• 3 Page Veteran’s Day History Reading with open-ended response questions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License