Veterans Day Math and Literacy Activities, Veteran's Day Craft and Writing
What educators are saying
Are you looking for Veteran's Day literacy, math and craft activities for your kindergarten or first grade students? This Veteran's Day unit is full of engaging activities for the beginning of November.
Here's what's included in this Veteran's Day Unit:
- Nonfiction text about Veteran's Day with REAL pictures includes all five branches of the military.
- Emergent Reader in black and white
- Original song and poetry notebook template
- Mini posters that tell about the five branches of the military
- Craft with templates (2 versions are included. one is a whole-body craft and one is just the head and hat that can be used for a peek over)
- Template pieces to make a large CAN HAVE ARE chart about soldiers/service members
- Student version of the Can Have Are activity (K and 1st-grade version included)
- Templates for a Thank you letter. Includes two versions (K and 1st grade).
- How many words can you spell with the letters in veteran? (includes two versions)
- Red, White and Blue roll a word
- Roll, Add, and Color
- Veteran's Day Word Search
- Math Word Problems
- Math Color by the Code Addition
- Math Color by the Code Subtraction
- Math Color by the Code Ten Frames
View the preview to see more of what's included.
What teachers are saying:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students enjoyed using this to learn about our Veterans! They learned a great deal and were happy to send some of their work to Veterans in our local community!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students loved learning about Veteran's Day with this product and the prep for me was simple! I picked only a few things to use, but you could easily stretch the resource out to last all week.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have used this resource several years in a row. It is easy to prepare and uses simple clear wording to explain what Veterans Day is all about.