Teach 1st-3rd Grade students about the history of Veterans Day and the importance of the American Flag with TWO COMPLETE Lessons and a variety of engaging hands-on activities that foster Math and Literacy in Social Studies:
• Veterans Day History Lesson – all Nonfiction Informational Text included!
• Reading Comprehension using Text Features (Multiple Choice and Short Answer)
• Veterans Day Original Poetry + Questions to analyze Poem
• Veterans Day Craft – making Veterans Day Medals (all patterns Included!)
• Literacy Game: Veteran Match-Up (Rhyming Words) FULL COLOR!
• American Flag Lesson – all Nonfiction Informational Text included!
• American Flag Short Answer Questions to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• American Flag Coloring Page
• Veterans Day Math: THREE Facts to 7 Addition Worksheets (3 Levels of Difficulty)
In addition, students will make and play the FULL COLOR Veterans Day Bingo Game to practice Facts to 7 Addition (Perfect for a Veterans Day Math Center – all game materials included!)
We've included color versions of the lessons and poems for your White Board, black and white versions of the lessons and poems to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level activities.
Download the Veterans Day Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, and sample lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER HOLIDAY RESOURCES:
FREEBIE: BACK TO SCHOOL COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 1-3
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT GRADES 3-5
HALLOWEEN MATH AND LITERACY GRADES 3-5
WINTER HOLIDAY MATH AND LITERACY GRADES 3-5
CHRISTMAS COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-5
REINDEER COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-5 BLACK HISTORY COORDINATE GRAPHING BUNDLE GRADES 3-6ABRAHAM LINCOLN COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-6
GEORGE WASHINGTON COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-6
FREEBIE: ST. PATRICK'S DAY COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-6
Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING VETERANS DAY WILL EARN YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE ON FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVE US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.