This resource pack is a set of learning activities that can be used as a sequenced series of lessons or as individual tasks to teach students about this yearly event. Most importantly, it has been created to educate students about the significance of Veterans Day as a day to honor those who have served or are serving in the military.
!The pack includes literacy, numeracy and creative thinking tasks that could be used during group work or as whole class activities. It also includes poppies that can be worn to a school or community Veterans Day ceremony, reflection activities and pieces of work that can be used as classroom displays.
- Coloured lapel poppies
- B&W lapel poppies
- Veterans Day coloring page
- Veterans Day: I think, I know, I wonder
- What is Veterans Day? Interactive notebook + Teacher guide ! Gratitude poppy
- Veterans Day ceremony/parade recount BLM
- Messages of Gratitude BLM
- What makes a HERO? – writing task
- All about the.. Army, Navy, Air force Interactive notebook + teacher guide
- War Memorial – design task
- #Veterans Day – social media activity
- Peace: looks like, feels like, sounds like...
- My Peace Pledge BLM
- Leaving Home BLM
- Mental Math: 11 grid (+answer guide)
- All about the number 11 (+answer guide)
- Math Memory pair game
- Maths Memory Recording Sheet
- Blank Veterans Day themed writing paper
We have also included a BONUS Veterans Day themed Exit Ticket and BRAG Tags.
No further teacher prep needed, simply print and use!
We hope you and your students enjoy this resource.