This 16 card scavenger hunt introduces students to information and fun facts about Veterans Day. It includes 2 complete sets; one in color the other in black-line. Several papers are included for writing thank you letters to veterans or to military personnel.
How to Use This Product
1. Print the Veterans Day Scavenger Hunt cards then cut them apart.
2. Make copies of the Veterans Day Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Veterans Day Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for scavenger hunt storage and organization
• 16 colorful information cards
• 16 black/white information cards
• student answer pages
• Veterans Day Crossword Puzzle
• stationery for Veterans Day thank you letters (5 different borders)
• answer keys
More about the Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies centers. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
Memorial Day Scavenger Hunt
Presidents Day Scavenger Hunt
Labor Day Scavenger Hunt
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥