Veterans Day Unit: Help your students develop a deeper connection to Veterans Day in this two week long middle and high school focused teaching unit. Teachers are provided with 9 in-depth, engaging and relevant multimedia lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts related to Veterans Day. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™ and Google Slides™ graphic organizers.
1. What is Veterans Day?
2. Music Lyric Analysis
3. Poem and Song Analysis
4. Video Analysis
5. World War 1 Trench Life Simulation
6. Choral Reading
7. Modern Day Armed Forces
8. Opinion Writing
9. Photo Analysis
Other Social Studies Resources:
*Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
*Internet must be able to access online video sources
*This resource is a non-editable PDF
*Links to songs, videos and poems are included. Due to copyright original items cannot be included in this unit.
· detailed unit plan with readings, videos, songs, poems
· detailed teacher directions
· assessment rubrics
· individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom™ or other online learning portals
· Google Slides™ Graphic Organizers
· assessment for, of and as learning breakdown