Middle School Veterans Day Unit | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of Veterans Day in this two-week middle school unit. Teachers are provided with 9 in-depth, engaging and relevant multimedia lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts related to Veterans Day.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
1. What is Veterans Day?
2. Music Lyric Analysis
3. Poem and Song Analysis
4. Video Analysis
5. World War 1 Trench Life Simulation
6. Choral Reading
7. Modern Day Armed Forces
8. Opinion Writing
9. Photo Analysis
Other Social Studies Resources:
*Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
*Internet must be able to access online video sources
*This resource is a non-editable PDF
*Links to songs, videos and poems are included. Due to copyright original items cannot be included in this unit.
- "Love this product to use with my middle school students. Thank you!"
- "Great activities for a deeper understanding of Veteran's Day."
- "Amazing resource for Veteran's Day! Great variety of activities to pick from to fit your learners."
- detailed unit plan with readings, videos, songs, poems
- detailed teacher directions
- assessment rubrics
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom™ or other online learning portals
- Google Slides™ Graphic Organizers
- assessment for, of and as learning breakdown