This Veterans Day themed social studies and literacy unit is designed to teach students about the origins of Veterans Day. This day is celebrated on November 11 each year. Your kids will love learning about the history behind this holiday with these engaging resources!
* The Origins - Non-Fiction Passage and Comprehension Questions (includes answer key)
* Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - Non-Fiction Passage & Comprehension Questions (includes answer key)
* Full color vocabulary posters; armistice, commemorate, guard, monument, sacred, sarcophagus, unprecedented, veteran
* Vocabulary Centers (Match and Fan-N-Pick)
* Vocabulary flash cards
* Vocabulary match (words to definitions) and draw it!
* AlphaSort graphic organizer
* Select Two and Reflect graphic organizer
* KWL+ Chart
* Before and After graphic organizer
* Drawing Conclusions graphic organizer
* Time line graphic organizer (includes answer key)
* Open-Mind Portrait of a Veteran (male and female versions)
* Word Builders - includes the following words: armistice day, veterans day, commemorate, the military, and remembrance
I do review each product very thoroughly before I upload them, but sometimes a typo will slip past my eye. If you ever find anything that I need to correct, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can correct it! Also, please email me if you have any questions about this product. Thank you!