Fun Veterinarian Community Helper Themed Preschool Homeschool Unit! This week is full of pets and veterinarian-themed cross-curricular activities and matching classroom decor including math, language, vocabulary, social studies / dramatic play stations and art. Also includes a science activity.
This is week 27 of 30 weekly units in our age 4 preschool curriculum program. Check out the complete year here!
Students will continue their review CVC words by all middle vowels sounds, practice counting to 90, and practice addition and subtraction through our progressively challenging math sequence this year. You'll also adding more pages to science journal and making a homemade bird feeder!
We provide both color and b/w versions of our activities.
114 pages (201 pages including our exclusive circle time, songs and classroom decor BONUSES). Highly engaging, super fun and very organized program to delight both teacher and student alike and lead to a successful week studying vets in the community!
*Looking for a whole year's curriculum with twelve countries, nine earth environments and nine community helpers? Check out the 30-week bundle here! *
Covers all academic areas in a three school time blocks per day and three days/week routine that easily stretches to five depending on the amount of material you cover each day:
* Weekly Lesson plan
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills focusing this week on ending sound X and all CVC vowel sounds.
* Printable moveable alphabet
* Matching CVC word picture to alphabet
* Matching CVC word picture to word card
* Sight Word Activities for words "he" and "was" (Sight Word Dab, Sight Word Scramble and Sight Words Play-Doh Mats)
* Beginning Sounds Match Practice
* Making Words CVC Word Building Practice
* Building Phrases, CVC phrase building
* Additional Vet-Themed CVC Word Building Worksheet
* 9 Vet Fact / Vocabulary Cards
* Vet Themed book list
* Keys to Reading Town bulletin board pieces
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on counting 1-90, numeration 1-10 & addition and subtraction
* Mark a Number (Numeration 6-10 Practice)
* Color By Addition
* Color By Subtraction
ART & SCIENCE
* Veterinarian dramatic play printables
* My First Science Notebook cover and Table of Contents page inserts
* I Made a Bird Feeder journal entry pages
* Ballon Dog on a Leash Craft
* Bowling for Numbers Game
* Move Like This Pet Game
* Veterinarian Action Cards
CIRCLE TIME BOARD PIECES
* How's the Weather
* Days of the Week
* How Much is That Doggie in the Window Song Poster
* BONUS 19 Additional Song and Rhyme Posters
BONUS CLASSROOM DECOR
* What Does a Vet Do? Poster and corresponding vocab picture cards
* Keys to Reading Town Bulletin Board Header & CVC A, E, I, O, U Poster
* Weekly Center Bin Labels
* Storage Bin Labels
* Bonus Song and Rhyme Posters
Instructions, overviews and more.
This unit is part of a 30 weeks of units in the Home CEO Age 4 Preschool Homeschool Curriculum. Click here to buy the bundle and save!
Made with love by Home CEOs Maraya & Ashley, Chief Education Officers of the Pearson & Smotherman Families.
ALL PROFITS TO CHARITY
100% of profits from our TPT store are distributed monthly to over 30 outstanding nonprofit humanitarian organizations, so thank you for your purchase! Learn more here.
We use art primarily by Whimsy Clips by Laura Strickland
with secondary sources credited within each document. We also use digital paper from PrettyGraffic and Erin Bradley Designs for my title pages. I use fonts by KG Fonts and Pablo Impallari. (All links included within the document).
Copyright 2016 Home CEO Inc.