Using dramatic play to enhance bilingual learning experiences is by far one of my favorite activities in teaching! Children can use their imaginations to immerse themselves in the play and the language acquisition comes so much easier...because it is FUN! To this end, I am revamping the dramatic play sets I have used in the past, and posting them so others may also enjoy the experience!
This veterinarian set includes:
- Full page and smaller half page banners for the titles "veterinarian", "veterinario" and "vet pet".
- Open/closed signs in English and Spanish
- Appointment book and scheduling page in both languages
- Patient charts in both languages
- Signs for "exam room", "waiting room", "x-ray room","take a pet treat", and "thank you for visiting", in both languages
- 8 animal x-rays titled in both languages
- 6 pet care posters in both languages
- A blank page of labels for the children to make pet badges
- Labels to put on empty cans to make "pet food" and a blank page of cute labels
- A pattern to make a surgical cone for a dog
- 10 full page animals to display, or to use as a substitute for stuffed animals (in case your school doesn't allow children to bring their own from home). Each animal comes in 3 types, with the English name printed on it, with the Spanish name printed on it, and blank.
- 15 word wall cards specific to a veterinarian's clinic in both languages
I hope you can use this set to launch your own imaginative play and immerse your children in learning a new language!
Thanks for looking!