Smartboard lesson with 5 songs/slides covering first grade science standards for my motion unit.
I also included PDF's of the slides so you can put them together for students to have their own copy:)
Songs contain lyrics and I have also included a link that plays my "lovely" voice singing the song.
This is a zipped file make sure to extract all files to open them correctly!
I use these for shared reading / introducing a new science concept
I also work together with my students each year to come up with movements to act out each song.
Table of Contents
1. Location Words Song ( tune : Rudolph)
key terms taught - in front, behind, between, on top of, under,
above, below, beside
2. Push and Pull Song (tune: Frosty the Snowman)
key terms taught- object, direction, fast, slow
3. Vibration Song ( tune: I Wish I was a Little Bar of Soap)
key terms taught- back and forth, pluck, voice
4. Direction Words ( tune: Ten Little Indians)
key terms taught- Back and Forth, Straight, Zig-Zag, Circle
5. Speed Song (tune: Jingle Bells)
key terms taught- pace, rate, object, fast, slow, speed