- Vice News produces a weekly news episode, each featuring two specific topics relevant to society today. They focus on technology, the environment, health, social issues and more. This episode is about the water crisis in India. The growing population has made it difficult for India to provide clean
- Vice News produces a weekly news episode, each featuring two specific topics relevant to society today. They focus on technology, the environment, health, social issues and more. This episode is about factory farming across the country responding to the increasing demand for beef and pork. The episo
- Vice News produces a weekly news episode, documentary style, each featuring two specific topics relevant to society today. Topics include technology, the environment, health, global conflict, economics, social issues and more. Watching the series and completing the extension projects provided in thi$21.00$30.00Save $9.00
- Student-directed learning allows for students to direct the learning experience through a series of choices. Included in this product are problem-based learning, project-based learning, service learning, and scientific open inquiry activities. This resource covers an entire water pollution unit usin$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
Vice News produces a weekly news episode, documentary style, each featuring two specific topics relevant to society today. This particular bundle includes episodes specific to water pollution. Watching the episodes and completing the extension activities provided in this bundle is a great way for students to stay informed, problem solve, and stay connected to their local and global communities.
Teaching duration is flexible depending on how you make use of each lesson. Episodes are all approximately 15 minutes long. Watching the episode with class discussion takes 30-45 minutes depending on depth of conversation. The length of time dedicated to an extension activity varies depending on which activities you choose to use. Videos are available free via Vice on Youtube. Links are provided on the product.
Warning: Vice content is for mature audiences. I recommend using this product for high school students, college students, and adults.
Episodes included in bundle:
- India's Water Crisis
If you like this product, check out these activities as well! Some are directly related. Watching Vice episodes is a great segue to project-based learning. My students almost always want to continue on with the topic after watching an episode. It's input or information that grabs their attention and makes them want to learn more. I highly recommend combining Vice videos with "Project-Based Learning: Current Events" and "Community Action Projects".
- Project-Based Learning Bundle: 20 Integrative PBL Projects and Instruction Manual
- Project-Based Learning: Current Events
- Community Action Projects
- Vice News Series Bundle: 20 Episodes
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on or assistance with this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more experiential learning tips, resources, freebies, etc. visit my blog, experientiallearningdepot.com
Thank you for using this product! Experiential Learning Depot owns the copyright to this resource and you are being licensed as a single user of this product. You may use this product for multiple classrooms and reference the product in blogs, seminars and/or workshops. You may not remove Experiential Learning Depot from the resource, give the product away for free, sell the files, make copies for unlicensed users, or gain access to the resource through means of any of the previously listed methods. Thank you again for using this product! Please reach out if you have questions or comments about this resource. Come visit us again soon!
~ Sara S.