Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Go paperless with our Google Classroom reading comprehension resource! Learn about video games and their history, anime, and the battle royale game genre (games like Fortnite Battle Royale) with our differentiated reading passages and questions. This Google Slides resource includes five passages (at two levels) with at least six unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher order thinking interactive tasks. Hook your students in with a topic they are interested in!
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
Both US and British English is used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you!
This resource would also be suitable for Grade Six (Year Seven and Eight) learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
What this resource is all about:
This resource contains exciting, interactive and thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
In this resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Five texts - each with an extended and scaffold version:
These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form.
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (32 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
6. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Not ready to go paperless yet?
You May Also Like:
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch: