Are you looking for a way to incorporate the Vietnam War into your classroom? Are you looking to keep the activity engaging and interesting? This activity brings the media of the Vietnam War era to life for the students. Students will be analyzing primary sources photographs, videos and music to see the events of the 1960s and 1970s. They also will analyze the impact the war had upon the American Homefront long after the war had concluded. The lesson concludes with a closing activity. I have used this activity during a formal observation and it achieved highly effective. It is aligned to the standards, includes all necessary components, and engages your students.
You receive a zipped folder that includes:
- Full lesson plan with pacing
- Primary Source photography in PowerPoint
- Video on Impact of Vietnam War through the Media
- Billboard Top 100 primary source with questions
- Link to Edwin Star's song "War" with questions
- Link to Guns N Roses song "Civil War" with questions
- Closing activity
Visit my store for more great activities!
Connect with me